I currently like:
- Virtual desktops: when I boot up into Windows after a long Debianning session (say, for a spot of gaming) I feel heavily restricted by only having one desktop to hold my windows. I use the nView suite to give me a semblance of virtual desktops, but as it’s just hacked on top of the operating system, it doesn’t always work as you’d hope. For instance, some applications will switch to your current virtual desktop whenever they generate an alert, and iTunes will just flat-out ignore it.
- Kate: rather nice text editor for Linux.
- PowerBooks: they’re so shiny and I want one…
I currently dislike:
- LaTeX: this is really my own fault for being too lazy (and hence starting my dissertation too late), too geeky (and deciding to write it in LaTeX, giving myself even more work in learning a new language) and too fussy (deciding I want to create a custom style for it, adding another helping of work onto the three-course banquet of work I had already).
- Projects, and my project in particular. On the plus side, another 5 or 6 weeks and it’ll all be over, for better or worse. Then I just have to worry about revision and exams.