(a.k.a. Yet Another Damn Meme)
Having been passed by Ben what I can only refer to as a quadriphilic baton, here we go.
Four jobs I’ve had in my life
- Generic I-don’t-have-anything-else-to-do-with-my-summer-holiday clerical dude
- Computer programmer
- Computer technician. You know the bastards who go round to someone’s house, reboot their computer and charge £15–20 per hour for it? Yup 😀
- Queens’ College JCR (think college students’ union) Computer Officer and Webmaster: OK, it doesn’t quite count as a job because I didn’t get paid for it, but it’s the closest to a web development job I’ve had so far.
Four films I can watch over and over
- The Matrix (original only: none of your shoddy sequels, thank you very much)
- Dodgeball (to recover from Crash)
- The Shawshank Redemption
Four TV shows I love to watch
Actually, I don’t watch any TV to speak of. Next question.
Four places I have lived
- Bar Hill (around 5 miles Northwest of Cambridge) for the first 6 months of my life.
- North end of Cambridge: next 18 years of my life.
- Cripps Court, Queens’ College, Cambridge: second year of university.
- Erasmus Building, Queens’ College, Cambridge: third year of university.
When I get a job, it will not be in Cambridge.
Four places I have been on holiday
- New York
- Washington, DC
Four of my favourite dishes
- Steak, cooked just enough so that it stops bleeding.
- Christmas roast: roast chicken, potatoes, parsnips, broccoli, the inevitable sprouts, pigs in blankets (the British version where they’re wrapped in bacon, not the half-arsed American version).
- The infamous syrup sponge.
- Bagel, sliced into three; halloumi, fried; jalapeño peppers, sliced. Combine, eat, enjoy.
Four websites I visit daily
- Google (although never directly, always through some kind of address bar shortcut)
- http://blog.dev: my local development server, courtesy of Fink.
- FreddysHouse, although I tend to lurk and read rather than post.
Four places I would rather be right now
- At work, as that would mean I’d got myself a job.
- In my own flat, as that would mean I’d got myself a flat.
- SXSWi, although that would involve being a couple of months in the future as well (and time-travelling past my own birthday).
Four bloggers I’m tagging
Well crap, it looks like most people have already felt the touch of the quadriphilic baton. Well, I’m going to have to go for a mere two: Elly (once she’s got her internet connection set up) and Meri.